Saturday 8 February 2014

A little bit of spring in the kitchen!



The weather here is stormy, rain taps on the windows while the wind seems to blast round the building, causing alarming creaks and groans; there have been a couple of days this week when the sun has shone and the absence of the wind and rain gives a stillness to the day. 

February seems a bleak month, clumps of snowdrops are a welcome sight on our early morning walks; it thrills me to see the sun rising, the pink fingers streaking across the sky as it lightens from indigo to cobalt and the days are getting longer. 

Going through my stash of fabric scraps the other day I came across this beautiful Clarke and Clarke print, - the vibrant spring colours are just what I needed to remind me that spring is just round the corner. 

It is a simple project to do, use an existing tea towel for the right dimentions and then simply overlock and then bind the edges. I used some ribbon along the bottom third, and stitched a little bow with  a button centre. They are quick and very satisfying to do and since the fabric is a heavy cotton, they are great for drying up. They make a great housewarming present for a friend and are made in no time at all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think about this? I would love to hear from you...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin