Saturday 13 April 2013

When I have loved myself enough....


This beautiful picture is from the artist Irina Vitalievna Karkabi ,  the state of bliss and contentment is so tangible; it has resonance with the Art Nouveau artist Klimt, there is such delicacy and beauty, she is breathtaking it uplifts me every time I see it.  


After the cold bleakness of Winter, Spring bursts forth in new growth and renewal. Everywhere bulbs push though frozen ground to bloom and brighten our days, daffodils dance in the March winds and April Showers. I have been through a similar process of renewal - having time to myself has given rise to one of the biggest areas of growth in my life so far. I want to share some of the great things I have learned in the last few weeks not just beautiful art but two wonderful books that heal the soul.


This little book, is simply a delight - written by Kim Millen and published by her daughter Alison. The wisdom between the pages offer an opportunity to really touch base with your soul. Each page begins with 'when I loved myself enough... ' and follows truths that also soothe the soul. Such as: 'When I have loved myself enough I learned to meet my own needs and not call it selfish'. Or 'When I have loved myself enough .. I stopped fearing empty time, and quit making plans, now I do what feels right and I am in step with my own rhythms. It is also worth reading the introduction and the postscript by Alison. 

You can buy a copy on amazon or you can support your local bookshop - either way it is a wonderful gift to give yourself. 



The other book is also about self acceptance - Amanda Cass's illustrations enhance Dodinsky's wisdom that takes you on a journey to loving who you are and accepting yourself. It was while reading this that I had a real 'ah ha' moment; it felt as if the ice and chill of winter had finally begun to thaw and the sun was breaking through - 'love yourself better' - I like the way you can enhance different meaning in that one phase, it resonated with my soul, because until you can love and accept who you are - can you begin to understand that you are worthy of all good things. 

My life has been transformed in the short period between my last post - a personal journey but I wanted to share a small part of it here. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think about this? I would love to hear from you...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin