Thursday 4 October 2012

Cupcake Mansion



A friend of mine was moving into a flat above a bakery, so I decided to make her a cup cake themed cushion. I love working with tweed, it is simply wonderful fabric to use and does not fray too badly for appliqué. Fabricland was once again my supplier, and the flower fabric was already in my stash as was the cherry button at the top. 






The idea came from a welcome to your new home card I had made her, and I particularly liked the little dormer window at the top of the house. 


I used a black stitched outline to give it the feel of a child's drawing and also created a little sunshine in the clouds. I coloured it a little more using crayons. She was absolutely delighted with the cushion. I think I was too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think about this? I would love to hear from you...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin