Monday 8 July 2013

Oodles of Doodles



I bought this lovely doodling book; I can't always get out my paints - there are times when I simply want to switch off for a while but only have ten minutes to spare. These little pages encourage creativity in bite sized pieces, I find it relaxing because I am not focussed on the outcome. I was told my my friend M that it is the most relaxing activity you can do, she is a fan of colouring in books.

 Doodling is a great way to develop your drawing style; it is often by accident I come across something lovely to develop. Playing is under-rated - as adults we are discouraged to do so - but without it we close ourselves of to discovery and free expression.


Take a simple page of colourful circles, it was really blissful to play with the shape and it is amazing how a few lines can change the shape.  I also enjoy playing with my large pot of crayola crayons, they blend so nicely - because they are crayons there is no pressure to create a 'work of art' it is all about play. Picasso says that 'everyone is an artist, the skill is to remain so when you grow up' 
Sunrise - crayola crayons

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think about this? I would love to hear from you...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin